Our sole purpose is to provide members with referrals that lead to sales. A referral is the opportunity to do business with someone who is in the market to buy your product or service. It's not a guaranteed sale, but an open door to discuss your business.
1. Listen for a need from someone they've met. A good networker has two ears and one mouth and uses them both proportionally.
2. Tell the individual that you know someone who can provide that service.
3. If they've done business with the member you are referring, tell about their experience.
4. Give the individual the business card of the person they are referring and ask for that person's card for the member's reference.
5. Ask if it is okay to have the member call regarding the need.
6. If the answer is yes, fill out a referral slip and give it to the chapter member at the next meeting.